As we are entirely funded by donations and grant funding we always welcome any help that people can give us.
There are several ways you can help No Panic Sheffield
1) Sponsor us in one of our fundraising efforts
Rob - one of our trustees is running the London Marathon on 26th April 2015 – one of our trustees is running the marathon – if you would like to sponsor him please go to our Just Giving Page or text NPSL15 £ and your donation amount to 70070 - this is a text service run by Just Giving, 100 % of your donation comes to NPS and you can gift aid your donation so we can claim back the tax from HMRC .A donations box will be circulated at group meetings.
2) Take some leaflets and posters and display them in public places where people who suffer from anxiety will see them. Tell people about the work No Panic Sheffield does and encourage people to attend our self help groups.
3) Volunteer for No Panic Sheffield – we have 2 types of volunteer roles
- Group facilitator volunteers – in the summer of each year we recruit up to 6 new group facilitators. These volunteers will undertake the main role of running our self help groups which involves facilitating a 2 hour group every 2 weeks, ( daytime or evenings) plus speaking to group members in between meetings, and preparing materials for the group meetings. Full training is given, and all our facilitators attend monthly supervision. People with good interpersonal skills, and a good understanding of working in a mental health setting are needed, or people who have suffered from and overcome anxiety problems.
- Trustees – we need at least 4 trustees to run our organisation. The management committee of trustees meets every 6 weeks and makes decisions about fund raising, how we spend our money, how we promote and run our organisation. People with experience of running a charity or good business experience will have the necessary skills to become a trustee.