We believe that anxiety and depression are debilitating, life-changing mental health conditions. We also believe that everyone should have quick access to help without waiting weeks, or having to make an appointment.
We provide self-help groups every Wednesday evening and Thursday morning in the city centre. You do not just have to be from Sheffield, although no one should have to travel, we welcome members from Rotherham, Dronfield, Chesterfield and Barnsley. If you are wanting to attend a group yourself or refer someone else we have some experience of sharing experiences and helping people manage better with the following:-
- general anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- social anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- other OCD spectrum conditions such as hoarding, trich and health anxiety
- panic disorder
- low mood
- sleeping problems
- perinatal anxiety/postnatal depression
- bipolar disorder
- later stages of recovery from addictions and how that relates to anxiety
- personality disorders
Many of these conditions are specialist areas and so our members receive help from specialist funded services outside NPS such as community mental health, IAPT and many 3rd parties whilst feeling able to attend groups as well alongside.